MEDIA | BLOG
Bottle Breacher founder, Eli Crane, talks exclusively to the LINE1 Team to answer questions in point that tie in with the military and business. LINE1 is a platform connecting Veterans to a successful post-Military career. Designed by Veterans for Veterans, LINE1 inspires meaningful connections between communities and Veterans that lead to high potential, valued opportunities. LINE1 is the only independent career network that empowers Veterans to advance their own post-military careers.
1. When did you leave the military and what was your first job after leaving? I left the service in Oct. 2014. Being the CEO of Bottle Breacher has been my full time position since.
2. What do you like best about being an entrepreneur and what do you miss most about your Military career? I love the freedom that comes with being an entrepreneur more than anything else. The men I used to work with on a daily basis is by far the thing I miss the most. They were so hilarious and impressive human beings. They definitely made me better.
3. What Military skills and experience do you use most often today as an entrepreneur? Leadership, strategy, and learning to thrive outside of my comfort zone are a few of the many things I've taken from the military. I also learned to "do more with less" in the SEAL teams and that is a huge advantage as an entrepreneur.
4. What do you see as the most consistent stereotype of Vets? The most positive consistent stereotypes I see of veterans is that they are trainable. I have also noticed that they tend to be viewed as much more reliable and disciplined than their civilian counterparts.
5. What advice do you have for this community of fellow Veterans navigating their own post-Military careers? A few of the things I normally tell veterans is to not "expect" anything from anyone. Work as hard in the private sector as you did to succeed in the service and you will succeed. I also encourage veterans to be flexible. You might find that the first couple paths you start down are not what you expected. Relax, keep your head up, continue to build your reputation and your portfolio of contacts and you will eventually hit a home run. The last thing is to find a new mission. Most of us are mission oriented. It's usually not enough for us to collect a paycheck and health care. Most of us need more, we need to be helping our country, community or fellow man in some collateral way. Seek and find a new mission and you will find that your service dose not need to end when you hang up the uniform.
Special thanks to the LINE1 team. To learn more about inviting your fellow Vets to LINE1 and earning Ambassador rankings and rewards, check out the LINE1 Ambassador Program.
Bottle Breacher donated to over 200 nonprofits in 2016Giving back to non-profits, military, and Veterans is very important to Bottle Breacher as a business. Because of your efforts this year, Bottle Breacher 2016 Donations has had its most successful year yet! Thank you all for sharing and supporting our Veteran owned business with your network of organizations. We [...]
Here's to the New Year and the voices from people that continue to inspire. The Huffington Post shares a great thread of New Year's Resolutions from those who continue to amaze us with their grace. You will find their responses humble, heartfelt, and diverse as the amazing humans behind them: Eli Crane– Founder and CEO of Bottle Breacher - Be more bold walking [...]
Watch the latest video with Eli and the Fox News crew at FOX NEWS NOWWatch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com/v/5240003467001/">video.foxnews.com</a>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a><a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a>
Bottle Breacher made the list on Forbes Top 25 Veteran Startups in America! Congratulations to all the nominees and those who made it on the Top 25 list. "Vetrepreneurship" is sweeping the country! The Small Business Administration reports that 25% of post 9/11 Veterans want to start their own businesses. Are you ready to start making an impact? Those who [...]
Gift Ideas for service members! Bottle Breacher was #1 on the list! What is the best gift you’ve ever given or received? What made it so special? With Christmas coming up fast, check out Military1’s guide to the best stocking stuffers for your favorite service member or loved ones. From the practical to the badass, these gifts are [...]
From Frogman to Businessman: Eli joined the Navy to be a SEAL in 2001 after the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon on September 11, 2001. He didn’t make it through the tough Basic Underwater Demolition and Seal training (BUD/S) and was assigned to serve as a gunner’s mate on the USS Gettysburg [...]
Here at Bottle Breacher we take beer very seriously! This holiday season we will be sharing our best with you. We will prepare you for the best tasting beer to accompany your Bottle Breacher at any time during your Thanksgiving Day! According to Brendan Woodcock, a Certified Cicerone (expert beerologists) "Beer is very forgiving," he says, "and [...]
Raise your hand if you wish you lived a more balanced life. Okay, quickly put it down. People are starting to stare. For much of my life this has been one of my major quests. To be a devoted husband, father, patriot, and believer. Every time I focus on getting [...]
Down field, even a single .50 caliber bullet can cause major damage. But together, a bunch of .50 caliber bullets can cause major good. Not only are they awesomely all-American, but proceeds help our veterans. Just something to think about as Veteran's Day approaches. It's definitely a great way to get fired up about serving [...]